Cargando...

and intermittent bare asphalt

En este foro podéis presentaros y hablarnos un poco de vosotros, qué hacéis, a qué os dedicáis...
Labi1995
Fluorita

and intermittent bare asphalt

Mensajepor Labi1995 » Vie, 08 Jun 2018, 03:47

I first saw the Merrell AllOut Rush at a meeting with the brand in Spring 2013. They Adidas Superstar Mujer were introducing the new AllOut line, and the emphasis was on added cushion while retaining some of the features that people like about the Merrell Barefoot/M-Connect collections. I was intrigued by the shoes since I’ve always felt that shoes like the Merrell Bare Access we just a bit too firm for my road running taste – add a bit of softer cushion and they’d be a great match for me.
Adidas NMD WomensI received the AllOut Rush last winter (Disclosure: these were media samples Nike Air Max 2016 Womens provided free of charge by Merrell), and it’s taken me a long time to get to this review. The main reason is because my experience with the shoes has been rather mixed. However, I believe in writing honest reviews, so I’m going to lay out my feelings on them here. I’d also be curious to hear about your experience with the Rush if you’ve tried them.
Most of my initial runs in Adidas ZX Flux Womens the AllOut Rush were during last winter, and so were on a mix of packed snow, ice, and intermittent bare asphalt. Though traction was good, the shoes just did not feel right on my feet. My expectation was a cushier ride given the added sole stack relative to other Merrell models I have run in, but the shoes felt surprisingly firm under all conditions, and particularly harsh on the Nike Roshe Run Womens stretches of road that I had to cover (and in fairness tom Merrell, this is not Nike Roshe Run Mujer intended as a road shoe). I stopped running in them for a long time as a result. Last month I spent two weeks in northern Vermont and decided to take the shoes with me for a second chance – my feelings remained pretty similar, too firm a running shoe for my taste even on dirt roads and trails. It’s worth noting that Thomas Neuberger over at Believe in the Run had similar Adidas Superstar Mens feelings about the ride of this shoe. (However, as I’ll get to below, I have found them to be great casual and light hiking shoes.)
While on the subject of cushion, there is some discrepancy between what Merrell reports for stack height (24.5mm heel, 18.5mm forefoot) vs. what Running Warehouse reports (28mm heel, 17mm forefoot). I just measured my pair and got 23mm heel, 16mm Nike Air Max Zero Femme forefoot, but they have been broken in so my numbers are likely closer to Merrell’s numbers if it were a fresh shoe.
One thing to note about the stack height numbers in this shoe, and I think this influences the ride considerably, is that 8.5mm of the stack height is attributable to the luggy, rubber outsole. Simply stated, there is a lot of rubber on the bottom of this shoe. Much of the Nike Air Max Thea Damen outsole is also continuous Merrell AllOut sole inserts– there are no breaks www.hijosdelvacio.es for flex grooves, so it makes it hard to compress the midsole in any given spot. I’m wondering if this helps to contribute to the firm-feeling ride. Merrell did also include firmer midsole plates under the heel and forefoot (see photo at right) and this might further add to the firm feel.

Comparte esto

Comparte esto

Volver a “Geólogos por el Mundo-Presentaciones”